Monday, February 1, 2010

Schooling

So, after two years of talking homeschooling with Brandon he is finally all in. And I mean all in. He is ready to go with it and knows I'll do a good job and he's ready to take on teaching as well. Way cool right? Well, now I'm freaked out. I have to be the teacher and parent and with both kids all the time? Some of that sounds good, but then some of it doesn't. I can image all sorts of fights starting over getting homework done because I know I'm not ready to do unschooling just yet. Eek!

On the bright side I found some good stuff for homeschooling. I'm also pretty sure there a group out there we can join. I'm also certain that we will meet lots of parents at homeschooling swimming lessons and such. WooHoo. I was in GS with a large group of girls who were home schooled and they were so nice. I also know growing up I wish I had been home schooled because peers were just so mean.

Now I'm rambling on and need to stop. Overall, it's time to make a change again. I'm excited to move forward with the journey of raising kids.

Oh-one positive thing. Caleb read an entire chapter book all by himself and then was able to tell me all about what happened. He missed some parts, but heck, he's only in first grade. I'm so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment