Friday, January 22, 2010

This crazy week!

While this week hasn't been too crazy, it's been reasonably long. Every night we work on Caleb's dino project, have dinner, work on the project more and then watch a TV show or two while Joel nurses. Joel caught a cold so he is nursing much much more than he did last week, but I'm loving every minute of it since I'm not sure which time will be the last.

So, with the new year we've taken on a new healthy resolution which was to stop eating any processed food. Yup, I'm talking all fast food and anything at the grocery that is already prepared. So those cans of soup or frozen pizzas we all have in our cupboard are off limits to us now. Surely this will be a process since I ran out of homemade chicken stock and needed to open up a box to finish off my chicken dish earlier this week. Overall, we are doing really well because we've decided once or twice a week I would provide us with a homemade dessert as well, but I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas.

On the other hand we eat so much yogurt, that I've learned how to make my own so it's not packed full of sugar and other processed food ingredients. I was also finding that a lot of the yogurt I was eating had diet ingredients which I was my fault for not reading the label, but I get terrible headaches from NutraSweet and the like. So, now I know exactly what is my yogurt.

My yogurt was 4 cups milk scalded and cooled. Mixed in 1/2 cup organic plain yogurt with live active cultures and then put into a warmed oven for 5ish hours. I took it out and cooled in the refrigerator overnight and for breakfast we had a nice yummy bowl of yogurt covered with homemade granola and homemade raspberry jam. Thinking about it is making me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment